Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Groovy [outfit]

Target sweater - 2011 - $20 / Target tank - 2011 - $8 / Old Navy jeans - 2009 - $12 on sale / LOFT sandals - 2008 - $10 on sale / DIY scarf / Kate Spade Doodle necklace - 2011 - gift

Friends, I have been on a roll lately. Just thought you'd like to know.

I've been on the hunt for a poncho sweater for a while, so when I turned around from the Target sale racks disappointed and walked straight into this gem, my brain nearly exploded. I rarely have gottahaveit moments, but I had a big one with this sweater, so much so that I bought it at full price (a rarity for me). I bought it a size too large because they didn't have my size in the store, but I like how loosey goosey it is this way. Definitely a new favorite.

Friends, I have also been on a majorly dramatic mood lately. Just thought you'd like to know.

12 comments:

  1. Ummm...that first shot, where it's slipping off your shoulder just a bit? Ummm...that's pretty hot. Just saying. This is a candidate for "great holiday sweater to wear to parties"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how awesome you are?! It's so cool to find someone to inspire me that shops at the same places I do, lives in the same climate I do, and is always shopping the sales like I do! Always looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweater. I think it was a good choice to go a size up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the "hip" looks lately! I love me some corporate wear, and I liked your office style, but I think the freelance wardrobe suits you nicely as well :) Great choice on this look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this sweater! Looks comfy, yet super chic! Great find... and I rarely buy things full price either (even at $20) but there are just some items you have to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been on the lookout for a cape in the same way. Hope I have the same AHA! moment! Love this sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. A LOT !
    And i know that feeling.... when the hunt is finally over and then you think of something else to get... So what are yo ulooking for now ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweater!!! Fantastic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Christy - Wow...can I tell you how amazing it feels to read your comment?

    @ Ashley - Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with it, too...definitely a change from my office looks, but it's nice to finally be finding my own style out of the office.

    @ Rachel - I hear ya...I picked it up knowing that if I didn't feel it was worth $20 later on I could just return it, but I came home, tried it on, and was hooked. It's worth a few extra dinners in. :)

    @ Lorena - Thanks! It does seem similar to your style, yes? I'm majorly hunting for black skinny jeans (have been for over a year)...so elusive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a good find. I really like how it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love capes! You should take a look at Ellsworth & Ivey, they make the most incredible capes with monogramed labels! I LOVE THEM! www.ellsworthandivey.com

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.