Monday, December 5, 2011

A-Baseling we go [outfit]

Francesca's Collections dress - 2011 - $44 / Steve Madden boots from Macy's - 2009 - gift card + $3 / Belt - 2010 - swapped / Kate Spade Doodle necklace - 2011 - gift / Gold ring from Joanna Paige - 2011 - $16 (birthday money) / Nancy Rosetta silver circle ring - 2009 - gift

When in Miami, do as the Miami-ans do. Saturday night, K and I went to our very first Art Basel Miami Beach. I don't know much (ok, anything) about art, but I love looking at it. When we travel to new places, we gravitate toward museums and galleries rather than restaurants, attractions, and other activities. My favorite artist shown was Kate Gilmore, especially her video piece Buster. Check her out. Amazing. Art definitely inspires me, but to do what I'm not quite sure yet. I just love the energy and creativity of it all.

Art Basel is a place to see and be seen. It is one of the largest (if not the largest) modern art fair in the world. Rumor has it that it is now larger than the original Art Basel in Switzerland. Insane. We went Saturday night, and I had no idea what to wear. It took me a crapload of outfits before I settled on the one I finally wore, which was a variation on what I wore for our Christmas card photo this year (but only for about 30 minutes for pics). Check out the pile of discarded clothes that I had to put away at the end of the night:


Oops.

What inspires you? What types of attractions do you gravitate toward when you travel?

11 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this outfit, it's very chic and sexy but not to revealing :) I don't know anything about art either, I just know if I like something or I don't but I have no idea why :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just noticed, weren't you using disqus before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress! It looks so cute on you. I have recently started reading through your blog and enjoy all of your posts, especially related to work! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress looks so great on you! Casual yet chic and the boots are the perfect way to accent it! I wish I could still bare legs here in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look, Angeline, very "scene" appropriate! Regarding the love of art, I think my new obsession is the studios that do painting parties. I've been to Let's Art Party, where an instructor leads you through a painting for the evening. Such an AMAZING evening :) You guys should definitely check it out, you get a finished painting to take home at the end of the night. Definitely lets you take part in the art creation, instead of just the viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and the belt! So cute. I have a similar dress and belt. This gives me outfit inspiration. :-)
    http://myfavoritef.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is DIVINE on you. Seriously. Perhaps my favorite dress I've seen you in. And perfect with the western-esque boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Rachel - Thanks, and welcome!

    @ Ashley - Oh, that sounds like a lot of fun! I have a bad habit of picking up canvases whenever they're on sale, but I"m not quite sure what to do with them. I'm also hoping to take a beginning drawing or painting class next year at the local community college...would love to learn some skills!

    @ Myah - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with that dress and the lovely way you've styled it!
    http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Christine - Thanks! I wasn't even on the market for a dress (I was shopping for a present for my sis-in-law), but I love the long sleeves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit, you look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.