A new job is a welcome escape from the uncertainties of the job market, but securing a job opens up another realm of uncertainties, big and small. A sampling from my mind this past week:
- Which piece of art do you bring to decorate your space?
- Are jeans allowed on Casual Friday? Is there Casual Friday?
- How long do you wait to update your LinkedIn and Facebook profiles?
- Bring lunch or buy lunch? What's the overarching office culture?
- Where is the closest Starbucks?
- Will folks enjoy or bemoan my sense of humor?
- Headphones or ambient music? Earbuds or over-ear?
- When is it safe to bring out the brass knuckle mug?
[photo credit: former coworker B]