Now that you know what to update and what to do once you're in the job, let's backtrack a bit. Technically this part precedes that part (and technically this post preceded that post, it just got lost in my drafts), so I'm not sure whether this is Part II or Part I.
So here is the rest of the checklist (the beginning of the checklist?) for your shiny new job.
What to know
- Daily schedule and hours of business, including lunch hours
- Dress code
- Vacation/sick day procedures
- Holiday schedule
- Pay schedule and how to report time
- Performance review schedule and procedures
- Parking arrangements and permits needed (if any)
- Best rush hour route (and how long it takes)
- Available amenities (kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave, water cooler, etc.)
Who to know, aside from your superviser and coworkers
- HR representative
- IT person
- Administrative staff in your department
Did I miss anything?