A shell that was still attached at Lincoln Park in Seattle. The whole weekend ended up being gorgeously sunny.
How was your short week? It flew by for me, especially after our long weekend vacay up to Seattle. I'm a serious sucker for a good skyline and walkable neighborhoods.
Since I've been back it's been full speed ahead, at work and at home. I've been making little to-do lists on post-its of things I think of during the day that should get done when I get home. It's nice to just go down the list (I work in duties like "relax" and "watch DVRed shows" so it's not really all that stressful). It's always surprising how little time menial tasks take. For example, "hang up clothes" always feels so daunting, but it never takes more than 5 minutes (even for a week's worth of clothes). Tonight, however, I left my list at work. It's a miracle I remembered to pick up taco shells on the way home for dinner tonight (K had the fixins all ready--would have been a disaster).
Anyhoo, on to the reads!
Style and fashion
- Classy Career Girl: Monday Motivation: Top 5 sites for career fashion (Thanks CCG for including me!)
- Little Bits of NikNakk: Dress makover!
- Already Pretty: 1,001 uses for fashion tape
- Craft Medley: No. 22 bauble ring
- Mashable: 6 ways to design your own jewelry online
- Apartment Therapy: 5 streamlined and useful desk accessories roundup
- Swissmiss: Giant office supplies
- Fortune blog: Will being unemployed wreck your job hunt?
- Pretty Young Professional: 10 books you need to read as an entrepreneur
- Jane Has A Job: Daily dose of inspiration
- Zen Habits: Can't find your dream job? Create your own.
- Classy Career Girl: Avoiding social networking mistakes
- Swissmiss: Magic bookcase (LOVE this)
- Inspired magazine: Brilliant artwork by Kevin Dart
- Cute and Little: Tutorial: Custom Blogger favicon (website URL icon)
- A Pretty Penny: Easy-Chocolate-Covered-Peanut-Buttery-Goodstuff
How do you get stuff done on nights and weekends at home? Do you have a system?