Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Working backwards

A peek into my morning:

Outfit 1: blouse A, pants A

Outfit 2: blouse A, skirt A

Outfit 3: blouse A, skirt B

Outfit 4: blouse B, skirt C

Outfit 5: blouse A, pants B

Outfit 6: blouse C, skirt D

Outfit 7: blouse A, skirt E

Outfit 8: blouse A + knit vest, jeans

Outfit 9: blouse A + knit vest, pants B

Conclusion: When in doubt, construct an outfit around jeans, then swap out jeans for work pants at the end.


Earrings: Vintage - 2010 - $10; Shirt: J.Crew - 2009 - $20; Knit vest: Old Navy - 2008 - $10;
Pants: Banana Republic Factory - 2009 - $12; Shoes: Nina (from Ross) - 2009 - $16; Watch: Anne Klein (from Macy's) - 2008 - $50

It is with shame that I confess that it took me so long to put together this outfit.  I'm excited about my new system, though.  I could just start planning my outfits, but my night mood and morning mood usually differ drastically, so I don't know if that would work.  I guess it's a good place to start, though.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Here's a detail shot of the earrings...I can't remember if I've shown them on here before, but these are about the only dangling earrings I wear.  They're gray leather, cut like feathers (they're cute in all weather and they make me feel better!).


How long does it take you to pick out your daily wear?  Do you have any tricks for getting dressed quickly on difficult mornings? I need some advice!

4 comments:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Angeline Evans. Angeline Evans said: Working backwards [new post | The New Professional] http://ow.ly/1HAU0 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the earrings! i've worn dangly feather earrings and my complaint is they dangle funny (in odd and opposing wayward directions) so the beauty of having leather feathers is that they stay put and still look great!

    picking daily wear is easy for me because i'm self-employed and my office is in a warehouse. the dress code is casual, industrial, and grunge. my uniform of jeans, converse all stars, t-shirts, and hoodies are pretty much all i wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used the time to otherwise get ready in the morning (pee, brush teeth, wash face...) to plan my outfits so i could save time and wake up as late as i could!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think the general consensus is I should at least try to plan my outfits--if I change my mind at the last minute, so be it, but at least I have a starting point!

    Good thing for me is that jeans are always a standby. Whew.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.