Lots of fun stuff this week, both at work and in the blogosphere! It's fair season, and I just love fairs. County fairs, food-themed fairs, state fairs--I'm not picky. A few weeks ago my friend Cari and I hit up the Asparagus Festival; this weekend it's the Dixon May Fair (and Pat Benatar and CCR!).
While I scarf down my funnel cake, here are some weekend reads for you:
- What are your best colors? Work Chic reviews The Color of Style by David Zyla. I'm not sold yet, though (my answers to most of those questions would be "black" and I am not a black-wearing person).
- Always an inspiration for making your personal style your own, Sal from Already Pretty shares some Great Style Quotes from Non-Famous Women. Brava, ladies.
- Organization is cathartic for me, and jewelry is always a challenge. Bryn Alexandra presents lots of creative and beautiful ways to organize and display your baubles. (Mine are in a plastic 3-drawer organizer in a cabinet--out of sight is better for my tiny apt.)
- Bring your infographics to the dinner table with the Wheel of Nutrition, featured on Data Visualization.
- Speaking of asparagus, I'm dying to try this Spring Asparagus Pancetta Hash from Smitten Kitchen, one of my favorite blogs ever.
- For you crafty folks out there, ModLife shares their 8 DIY sites to follow on Twitter. Done and done.
Share your favorite reads from this week below! Hope you have a rockin' weekend!